3.25.2011

Blue Gradient and Randomness

I am sad because I am so busy with wrapping up this semester and all my projects that I haven't had much time to devote to this hobby. I really hope to pick up the pace in the next few weeks! That said, my nails aren't that exciting these days. I'm sure that will change because my 12 Zoyas from the promo and a polish from OPI's Texas collection are on the way! I'm super jealous of those who have already gotten their Zoyas. That's what I get for living in one of the most inaccessible places in the US. But that will not last long thank goodness! By the time I get them they will be old news, but I don't care because they are so pretty!

This mani happened by accident, but I actually really like it! I think it's more of a winter season look though. 




I used LA Colors Metallic Silver with Claire's Bright Sky layered over top to create the gradient look. Metallic Silver stamps pretty well and has a chrome effect. Bright Sky is really pretty and wears well alone in 3 coats. 

The holo glitter is always a plus...love it!


Here's my stamp design...I'm really not a fan of it. Probably because I stamped it myself this time... Dustin is busy with the end of school too. ha
It actually looks better in this pic than in person. I used Born Pretty Store plate M37 for both designs and Konad White and Pink stamping polish.



And here's the randomness:
3d Fantasy from China Glaze's Tronica Collection. And this actually looks better here than in person. It's a lot more rusty than it looks and almost has a matte finish.  I know lot's of people were disappointed about this collection because they were expecting true holographic polishes, myself included! It's more like a micro holo. :P I decided to try one anyway. Can't say I'm better off, for me it's just blah. I will say that the application was pretty good. Maybe I will give it another chance sometime and like it more! :)

 
Pin It!

1 comment:

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com