2.27.2013

Sinful Colors Nova + A Franken by My Husband!

Hi everyone!

Today is a super busy day for me...I kind of can't wait to get it over with. haha 

I have a fun mani to share with you today! I found Sinful Colors Nova during the holiday season and had to have it. I have been really impressed with what Sinful has been doing lately...the formula on the newer polishes I have tried is pretty awesome. So, Nova is a deep navy blue with a greenish gold shimmer. Super pretty!

My husband (who, if you have been around my blog long enough, you know is pretty talented) was playing around with some extra supplies in our You Mix office and made this lovely creation. It doesn't have a name, but it kind of reminds me of Deborah Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream, except I like this way better! There are some sparkly pigments mixed together that have a slight color shift (greenish gold, like Nova) and some blue holo glitters in it. I love the way it complements Nova so well. Freakin' gorgeous!




I love having such a creative man around, especially when this sort of stuff is happening! haha

I want to know what you would call my husband's franken... I know you guys are awesome at this stuff!
Pin It!

8 comments:

  1. It's unreal how beautiful that Franken is! Your husband is talented indeed. I was so sad I missed out on the pumpkin patch Franken :( I was stalking your guys' site to see if it would miraculously return, hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. His franken is gorgeous! I like Merman's Dream for the name - since it kinda reminds me of DL Mermaid's Dream and it was made by your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like it! My husband will be proud. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey readers! If I haven't checked out your blog, please let me know in an email so I make sure I get it! :) amberajohnson89@gmail.com